In today's world, there is an ever-increasing need to exchange
in a way that is independent of any particular type of computer. XML is
technology that is being used to achieve this. This course will provide
with the fundamental tools to start using XML.
- About the manual
- History of XML
- The relationship between HTML, XML and SGML
- What is W3C, and why is it important?
- Suggested topics for your XML practice
- XML Concepts
- What is XML?
- Content versus Presentation
- About eXtensibility
- What is a Document Type Definition?
- What is a Cascading Style Sheet?
- The relationship between XML, DTD and CSS
- Getting Started
- Choosing an Editor
- Building your first DTD
- Building your first CSS
- Your first page written in XML
- DTD validators - or "how to check your DTD"
- Introduction to DocBook
- Structure of XML
- How XML is Structured
- Structure of a DTD
- Structure of a CSS
- What is a well-formed XML document?
- What is a valid XML document?
- Structure of CSS
- Changing the appearance of things
- Browsers and CSS
- History of Browsers
- History of CSS
- Your target audience
- Applications of XML
- Case studies from the net
- Practical exercises from your own workplace or leisure
- Where to from Here?
- Useful Resources
- Future developments
- Related Courses
||1 day (9:00 am - 4:30 pm)
||3-5 Bennett Street (Gr. Fl.)
East Perth WA 6004
||08 9221 0688
||08 9221 0687
Home | Training | Services | Course Schedule | Course Outlines | Affiliates | Contact Us